Remote Sensing Section
The Remote Sensing Section of the Forest Survey Division is responsible to produce forest resources maps of district/regional/national level as well as monitor changes in the forest resources and updates the existing maps using satellite image with reference to aerial photographs and new topography map.
To produce the forest types map of the country based on satellite images
- To produce forest cover with types (land use/land cover) map of district/national level of the country;
- To detect change in forest cover;
- To updates the existing map;
- To disseminate the information; and
- To provide/exchange the satellite data.
For further information, please contact:
Shree Krishna Gautam
Remote Sensing Officer (Undersecretary Tech.)
Department of Forest Research and Survey
GPO Box 3339 , Tel: 977-014220482, Mob:977-9751017943
Kathmandu , Nepal