This section has been carrying out soil survey and analytical work on-behalf of DFRS and various other institutions ever since it was established in 1963. For last couple of years it has also been involved in research related to soil and forest silviculture and management in collaboration with different sections of the Forest Research Division as well as outside organizations working in forestry sector. It is well equipped with survey and laboratory instruments to conduct chemical analysis of major nutrients in soil and plant samples.
- To improve the forest productivity through better understanding of soil constituents and processes under the forest ecosystem system in Nepal
- To carry out research related to the soil and forest silviculture and management;
- To determine nutrient content in fodder tree species;
- To provide soil survey and analytical services to various organizations and individuals involved in forest development work;
- To disseminate the research results through journals or leaflets; and
- To improve physical and analytical facilities to provide quality services.
For further information, please contact:
Mr. Saroj Kumar Chaudhary Senior Divisional Chemist e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Forest Research and Survey
GPO Box 3339 ,
Kathmandu , Nepal